Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Ullrich: 'I'm blameless'

Jan Ullrich is stepping back from the public eye. The former 1997 Tour de France champion stated that the blood bags seized in the Spanish doping scandal was not his even though the DNA test prove that the blood was his. The Blood was seized from the Spanish doctor Eufemiano Fuentes las year. Ullrich announced to his fans, “These latest finding changed strictly nothing of the fact that I’m blameless.”


Ullrich retired from cycling in February, 10 months after his name surfaced in OperaciĆ³n Puerto, leading to the German being excluded from last year's Tour de France race and sacked by T-Mobile.


"I've never lied to anyone throughout my career nor used anyone so I can't admit to an error that I have not made. I fear no procedure, no prosecutor, or federation… For me as well there are still a lot of questions which remain unanswered and until everything is cleared up I'm no longer going to comment publicly on this case."


This is an example of public relations because Ullrich is informing fans about his decisions. By informing the cycling fans about him waiting to state “the right story” instead of now the champion has made it on Cycling Andrews’s “Crime Cycling List.” If he is “Blameless” we, the fans, need to know how.


http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/12011.0.html

No comments: